This week was filled with a few firsts and a "finally!".
For the first time, I took out the sewing machine my grandma gave me and gave it a whirl. I was quite surprised by how much I remembered from helping mom when I was little. Thank goondness for youtube as I did need to watch "how to thread a sewing machine" (a few times) but I made it through. I am certainly not going to brag about my turn outs, but it was so fun and so rewarding to make something myself! Just 4 broken needles later (yes, now I know what I was doing wrong) and we had ourselves some smurfy outfits...
Travis and I signed up to run in the Monster Dash with my good friend Kara. This is a super fun 5K that is run the weekend of Halloween...in costume. We decided to be smurfs, so I bought some felt and away we went. I was very proud of our Smurf hats and Smurfy pants. We were quite a hit with all of the kids in and around the race "look, there goes the Smurfs!". We had a great time and did our best. This was my very first 5K and a fun one it was!!!
The finally this week (yes, honey...I have to tease you) was the trim in our dining room. Travis has been dedicating some time lately to the trim and he did a wonderful job. He made some beautiful oak trim and got it hung up today...I am so excited not to see the ugly edging around the windows anymore. It looks so great!!!
The finished project...
Before...
For the first time, I took out the sewing machine my grandma gave me and gave it a whirl. I was quite surprised by how much I remembered from helping mom when I was little. Thank goondness for youtube as I did need to watch "how to thread a sewing machine" (a few times) but I made it through. I am certainly not going to brag about my turn outs, but it was so fun and so rewarding to make something myself! Just 4 broken needles later (yes, now I know what I was doing wrong) and we had ourselves some smurfy outfits...
Travis and I signed up to run in the Monster Dash with my good friend Kara. This is a super fun 5K that is run the weekend of Halloween...in costume. We decided to be smurfs, so I bought some felt and away we went. I was very proud of our Smurf hats and Smurfy pants. We were quite a hit with all of the kids in and around the race "look, there goes the Smurfs!". We had a great time and did our best. This was my very first 5K and a fun one it was!!!
The finally this week (yes, honey...I have to tease you) was the trim in our dining room. Travis has been dedicating some time lately to the trim and he did a wonderful job. He made some beautiful oak trim and got it hung up today...I am so excited not to see the ugly edging around the windows anymore. It looks so great!!!
The finished project...
Don't feel bad Rob - when Derek bought me a sewing machine for Christmas (which I asked for) - I didn't take it out of the box for over a year. And then I had to watch the VHS (it was only a few years ago, but yes, it actually came with a VHS!) over and over again before I felt confident using it. Now - bring on the sewing projects!
ReplyDelete